If you would like to lay a foundation stone of a vibrant, international, independent festival in Jersey, please consider joining us!
Your support will give us the opportunity to establish Jersey and the Channel Islands as credible members of one of the most exciting creative communities in the world.
Taking place over the weekend of May 17th – 19th 2019 at the Jersey Arts Centre, this new festival screens the best of independent film from around the world. It will also highlight local Jersey and Channel Island talent, in both film and music.
With the recent hit film ‘Beast’, director Michael Pearce has shone a light on Jersey, it’s potential as a film location and a fascinating resource for story telling. Our new festival will work to foster a sustainable artistic community that links the Channel Islands to the international film and music scenes.
Some achievements of our first festival to date:
- Our venue partner is Jersey Arts Centre
- Our creative collaborator is the renowned IndieCork Festival from Ireland.
- We have created the Jenny Lecoat award for female-centred scriptwriting; the award is supported by the Soroptomists of Jersey.
- We have partnered with the States Greffe and Jersey Heritage in a special screening of films from circa 1910, which includes Jersey footage from the period, and ‘Die Suffragette’ as part of the States celebration of the centenary year of women’s suffrage.
- This screening is kindly sponsored by Corbett Le Quesne.
- Our first international guest focus, is the Off-Courts Festival from Trouville, France who will deliver a special programme.
- ‘Opening Shots’ is a youth filmmaking competition, designed to encourage emerging, local talent by making short films on their mobile phones.
- We screen a range of international short films, documentaries and feature films throughout a fun, packed weekend.
We are delighted to announce our first Inaugural Festival Angels, on board from April 2019:
OAK Jersey Arts Society Jack Higgins The Union Leanda Guy
Just some of the 13th Parish Angel Benefits:
- Invitation to the opening night Festival Launch on May 17th
- Invitation to all receptions and festival gatherings
- Carte Blanche Pass to all our screenings
- Commemoration of your support on our 13th Parish website
Other sponsorship options are available on request.
A special thank you to OAK for their kind support in the gathering of the first 13 Angels of 13th Parish Festival
For further information please contact: Angels@13thparish.org.je