Cameraphone Film Competition
This year’s winner is Julia Horsfall, who assembled wonderful moving images to accompany a song by Panic at the Disco. Great interpretive work that follows the structure and meaning of the song. A simple concept and an excellent eye for movement. Great work Julia! You can see her work here.
Original Call for entries 2019
The 13th Parish Festival invites entries to a competition for emerging film-making talent in the Channel Islands
We’d love to see what you can do with a smartphone – will it be a music video? A one-shot drama? A comedy sketch? Some skateboard action….or something just plain weird? We’re looking for originality above technical genius, so let your imagination loose! Prizes will include season tickets for the festival for shortlisted entrants and the best entries will be shown on the big screen at the JAC, where the audience will vote for the overall winner. The award for the best submission overall will be £100
Your film must be no longer than 3 mins maximum and files (.mov or.MP4 only) should be emailed to: Info@13thparish.org.je
Entry is free!
- Film-makers must be under 20 years old
- All material must be the original work of the entrant
- Only one submission per entrant will be accepted
- All persons depicted in the work must have given written permission to be included
- No persons or other animals should be endangered or harmed in the making of the film
- Films must be no longer than 3 minutes long
- Work must be submitted in either .mov or .MP4 formats
- The deadline for submission is HIGH NOON, 12th May 2019
- Films must be made with smartphone or similar technology (i.e. no fancy professional gear allowed!)
Any breach of the above conditions will lead to automatic disqualification.